Sunday, January 8, 2012

50/50 me Challenge

So, my sister in law suggested I join this 50/50 challenge where I read 50 books and 50 movies I have never read or seen in 2012. I love the idea. I've though about making a goal of books to read, and I love book and movie discussion. Also, since I've recently gotten a new phone (Samsung Galaxy SII) and discovered the Netflix app, I set it up while I'm doing dishes and dinner and am able to watch a movie in about three settings. So I'm not worried about getting the movies watched. But books, well ...I love to read, but, I also have four kids and work as bookkeeper and catering manager for our business as well as for our home. I am in two book clubs, so I typically read two books/month. I would need to read at least four per month to make 50 for the year. I think I may use children's books for some of them. I know it's supposed to be at my reading level, but with so many new and neat children's books out there, and with kids I can share them with, I think the challenge to read two new books per month with my kids as well is a good goal!

I have already watched Atlas Shrugged the movie and From Prada to Nada, so 2 already down with movies. Books--I've got to read Matched for book group this month, I've started Buy-ology, and I want to read the Little House series with my daughter this year, which I haven't read either yet, so we'll see what happens.

3 comments:

  1. So is the idea to review the movies and books on the blog? I can't wait to read your thoughts about Atlas Shrugged. Matt and I recently watched it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wait, I need to hear about your Atlas Shrugged thoughts too. I almost Redboxed it just the other day but was afraid it was gonna be horrible. Plus they're not making a part two possibly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Atlas Shrugged is really well done. Definitely see it. I really want to read the book this year, but the size of it has always intimidated me (I guess you could say). It'll make you really mad and frustrated at government regulations! It will also leave you with a lot of questions. I sure hope they do make the part 2! I haven't heard anything about it. I wonder if they've had a hard time getting funding to do a second, and that's what they're waiting on. Even if they don't get to part two, It would not be a waste to just watch the first. I definitely recommend the movie!

      Delete